Experienced Sign Maker
Experienced Sign Maker
Amherst Copy & Designworks in Hadley, MA is currently seeking a sign maker with a minimum of three (3) years experience to join our team. You must be familiar with large format digital printing, use of a CNC cutting machine and sign construction using shop tools including table saw, chop saw, skil saw, jig saw, and other power tools. We are seeking people with the highest level of commitment to customer service excellence. We believe in fostering growth, pride, and productivity in a small team environment.
The primary responsibilities of the sign maker position include printing jobs on-demand from digital files on our large format flat bed printer and our vinyl roll printer. You will also be operating our CNC cutter and laminators. Other production tasks include sign assembly and installation. You will be using ladders and scaffolding on occasion. You will also be required to dig the occasional hole or holes for sign posts. We are a retail business, so you will be working directly with a variety of customers therefore being comfortable working with the public and your team members is essential. This job involves loud equipment, vibration, climbing ladders and scaffolding and heavy lifting, up to 80lbs infrequently.
Qualifications we seek:
- Strong knowledge of digital printing
- Basic knowledge of CNC cutting equipment.
- Superior customer service ability and experience in handling customers both over the phone and in person.
- Ability to work independently in fulfilling customer needs, while also recognizing when it is important to seek help.
- Highly developed organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to engage in problem solving on a regular basis.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite – Particularly Acrobat Professional
- Familiarity with /Roland and Mimaki printers is helpful.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 80lbs on an occasional basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Benefits we provide:
- Paid holidays and accrued vacation time.
- 401k plan with company contribution.
Amherst Copy & Designworks offers a one-of-a-kind place to advance your career. We have added to our capabilities and are expanding our offerings to our customer base. We are looking for candidates who have a great team-oriented attitude and really enjoy what they do. Amherst Copy also offers opportunities for the right person to expand their skill set and work in print and at our expanding sign facility.
Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration, please forward your
resume and cover letter to: